Saturday, April 12, 2008

Life...

...is great at the Harvard house. This is Blake. My first time to blog here...or anywhere. I thought I should put my stamp on the Harvard blog. Jenny and I had a wonderful Saturday. I woke up for a morning 8 mile jaunt. Jenny and I then went to eat some breakfast and went plant shopping. Oh yeah, there was a haircut for myself thrown in there. We got home and had a wonderful time planting, cutting grass, and cleaning up. All of this would have been quite mundane, but for one thing...There were no deadlines. There was nothing that HAD to be done. It was liberating. I have a problem "letting go". I have a tendency to allow the drudgery of life to get in the way of living. Today was perfect for my bride and me! I hope you shared a great Saturday too! Now enjoy some Blake pics...

Our tomato plants...check back later for updates.



Jenny and I had a visitor while potting our plants. This might be the best pic I've taken with our new camera. Canon is so much better than Nikon:)

The ever elusive catbird...Look at the intensity in his/her eyes...


A sprinkle of the birds we get on our feeders everyday. Male and Female American Goldfinch (Carduelis tristis) if you're wondering.


My cat from back home in Sylacauga, Scuz. Say something bad about him and you will get hurt. He's about 15, but don't tell him. He thinks he's invincible.

Mybeautiful bride was so dainty that she didn't disturb the deer outside our fence.

Jenny caught me in the action of doing the yardwork. She calls those my "nasty" pants...

Flower.

My worst nightmare. Squirrels ruin my birdfeeders and scare the birds away. I will slowly take them out one by one.

The common House Finch (Carpodacus Mexicanus). I know what you're wondering...he's a male.

No comments: