Sunday, June 24, 2007

life is a journey...

...and we are definitely logging our miles lately!
I have good news and I have not so good news. The good news is...as far as Blake and I are concerned, nothing has changed. We are still best friends, still in love, and still getting married. The not so good news...the feedback about my little house of dreams was not so great & it seems I have been outvoted as to the outcome of this infatuation. My Daddy and the Harvards agreed that while it was a charming, lovely, and wonderful starter home...the neighborhood could possibly get a little iffy and it would probably have bad resale potential. So what does all of that mean? It means I am officially demonstrating my first act of wifely tolerance and sucking up my disappointment and moving forward...we are starting over in the house-hunting process. I know, I know...it seems sudden. I agree. But in the end, the most important thing is that we have a place to live AND we can sell it in a few years when we are ready to move to destinations unknown. I am more than a little sad, but I am hopeful that God will reveal our genuine little "house of dreams" soon...I know He has one, it's just a matter of what His timing is.
Faith it seems, is the salt that binds our hopes and dreams.

Tonight I started to look over my U.S. History stuff to begin prepping for August. Gaaah! I will hopefully get to meet with my Asst. Principal tomorrow to discuss my class load, go over the material, get a book, and see MY CLASSROOM! I am majorly pumped & Blake is going with me. We are hoping to do the same at his school...it should be another fun day.

In other news...I am officially starting my pre-wedding diet/workout/get skinny & hot plan tomorrow (unofficially tonight because we took Timber for a walk)...I am determined to feel good about the way I look. I would also like to be in better shape so that I can have more energy and sleep better before school starts. Luckily, I have a month until school starts (enough time to get the energy flowing) and approximately 9 months until the WEDDING!
Gonna go work on broad classroom plans...
love, jenn

P.S. still need to get Blake on here to post...after all this is about both of us.
P.S. am THRILLED to still have Blake in town!!! he was supposed to leave on Friday...now he's not leaving until Wednesday & we are going down Saturday for the Harvard family cookout (I will stay down there until Tuesday for engagement pictures, etc. & then it's off to the annual Bianchi Beach Bash with Blake and the fam on Saturday!!) eventually school will start and he will never leave! i can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Olsen said...

Don't worry, you'll find a house you love just as much that also has everything else you are looking for! Enjoy your new classroom! It's kind of like having a home. :)