Monday, March 19, 2012

Technology...

...brings us together!

Blake and I are blessed to live so close to my parents...and now that my grandparents (Nannie & Grandfather) are staying with them, we are blessed to be close to them (a first for me and let me tell ya, it is GREAT). However, we have family and friends who are far enough away that Skype and this blog (not to mention, facebook) really come in handy as we strive to stay in touch.

We are also lucky enough to have a great digital camera (our wedding gift to eachother those FOUR years ago) and now a video camera (a treat as we anxiously awaited our baby). I have always been a shutterbug but I can admit that having a baby has increased my photo-taking-tendencies to the next level...maybe even the level above that. Haha. In addition to making Eli the most well-documented and most-photographed babies in Madison, our camera and video camera made our time in the hospital much more comfortable. Since Eli was in the NICU, we weren't able to be with him all the time. Blake often became the go-between and would bring back videos and photos for me to stare at until we were able to see him in person. Even after we were able to visit more often, we sat and watched them our room...never getting bored of seeing the boy that we had made. I will never be able to describe just how comforting that was. (And now we have video of Eli in his earliest days!)

Anyway, back to the purpose of today's post...Nannie and Grandfather are out of town for the week and we are missing them already. SO, I thought we would put a video up for them while we also sent them our love. If anyone else reads this blog, you are welcome to enjoy this clip as well. ;)

Nannie and Grandfather...we LOVE you very much and miss you already. Come home safely and soon!! Love, Jenny, Blakey, and Eli

Full disclosure: The video ends with a bit of spit-up...if that grosses you out, avert your eyes!
(I love how Blake ends it with, "Whup, spit-up, there we go. Mmmkay, the end of this...")

No comments: