...doesn't begin to describe it.
We spend a lot of time laughing...it's just part of our "normal". However, some days reach a higher level of hilarity. Every little thing is funny...beyond funny...hilarious to the point of laughing where it doesn't make any noise and tears stream down your face. Today has been one of those days... there are other recent events to catch you up on but those will have to come later.
We started our day with a slow morning followed by a lunch with friends at our favorite Mexican restaurant (muy delicioso). It was Eli's first trip to get tacos and after a pregnancy filled with taco cravings, it seemed somewhat monumental. 
Can you tell how excited he is? Lol.
With Tricia and Reagan (5 wks. tomorrow)...both babies had their green on! :)
After lunch, our errands involved ridiculous-ness, flirting, and general merriment. We visited the new Target near our house, shopped around Babies-R-Us, and even enjoyed a little fun time at Barnes & Noble. Finally, we went to Kroger for a few things and thus began our trip into the funny zone. While we were checking out, Eli seemed to be very focused and then I heard it. It, it. To put it gently, he was greatly relieved after the noise I heard...and then smelled. Blake was paying and when I walked around the cart to help him load up, I asked him if he had bought a shamrock (for a fundraiser)...he hadn't, but since the cashier had failed to ask him if he'd like to, we were entitled to a free 2-liter of a Coca Cola product. Blake asked the guy about it and he said that we could take one, so Blake to THE bottle they keep at the register as an advertisement...laminated sign and all. LOL. (We don't even drink "real" coke.)
We walked out to the car and I checked Eli to make sure we could wait until we got home to change his diaper...thank goodness I did! Total blow-out (though not as bad as the one during our anniversary trip to the park)...there was no way we could wait a minute more. So, once again we found ourselves changing a diaper in the back of my Explorer...PTL for hatchbacks! At some point during the diaper change I noticed that Blake had taken Kroger's laminated coke sign...thus began our laughing fit.
Once we got home we pulled our easy supper together and went out on the back porch to eat. It was lovely...we got to sit and talk and enjoy the weather. Our conversations weren't anything earth-shattering but it is nice to know that we still genuinely like eachother. Blake and I were friends for a long time before we started dating...we still make eachother laugh and I'm glad to know that even though Eli has joined the mix, we can find topics other than "baby" to focus on.
Blake's favorite quote of the night (though somewhat embarrassing on my part...I can be a good sport for illustration's sake):
Once we got home we pulled our easy supper together and went out on the back porch to eat. It was lovely...we got to sit and talk and enjoy the weather. Our conversations weren't anything earth-shattering but it is nice to know that we still genuinely like eachother. Blake and I were friends for a long time before we started dating...we still make eachother laugh and I'm glad to know that even though Eli has joined the mix, we can find topics other than "baby" to focus on.
Blake's favorite quote of the night (though somewhat embarrassing on my part...I can be a good sport for illustration's sake):
Blake: These stupid bugs! Go away, bugs!
Jenny: They're called "no-see-ums"...because you can barely see 'em.
Blake: You just realized that was stupid after you finished saying it didn't you?
Jenny: *couldn't respond...laughing so hard there wasn't any noise...tears streaming down face.
Like I said, not earth-shattering (or even important). Just a peek into our blissful little life.
Like I said, not earth-shattering (or even important). Just a peek into our blissful little life.
No comments:
Post a Comment