Sunday, October 7, 2007

workin' for the weekend...

...totally worth it when your weekend is 2 days longer than normal!!!! Some pictures to give you a glimpse of Fall Break 2007 thus far. (2 more days yet to come!)

my door decoration (a homecoming tradition at DHS)...
...i won 3rd place!!! (apparently a huge deal at DHS...i'm pumped!!!)
*yes, i realize this is sideways, but i couldn't figure out how to fix it...*
RACHI WAS IN TOWN!!!! (this is Rachel, "Rachi"/"Rachi-poo" as she is known around the Bianchi house with me and the baby, Rebecca Elizabeth.) Rachel and I have been friends since 8th grade when Mr. Kyler moved me from my original seat because I was talking to my neighbor. Little did he know that he had started a friendship that would last this long! I hadn't seen Rachel since the weekend that Blake and I got engaged and she was still pregnant...it was a thrill and a treat to spend quality time with her and it made me realize a couple things more keenly...
1. I miss having her around & we are fabulous and fun friends!
2. You can't overestimate the significance of having a person know you SO well...
3. California is TOO far away!
Aunt Gidge and Rebecca Elizabeth
Uncle Blake and Rebecca Elizabeth (they have bonded...friends for life!)
Anyway, this weekend has been fabulous. Friend time Thursday and Saturday. Homecoming Friday (my DHS Red Raiders whooped up on West Point...it was 21-00 before the end of the first quarter!), plus Daddy got back from his trips. Furniture shopping Saturday and today. AND we still have 2 whole days left!!! Not to mention Blake has been staying at home with me since Thursday night so I've pretty much been in hog-heaven having him here!
I'm about done with computer time for the night! Facebook picture posting and now this...I've been busy! Tomorrow will be busy again, but in a good way. We're having lunch with my friend Tricia, doing laundry (I LOVE to do and fold laundry...I realize I'm a freak), cleaning my room (I won't post pictures of that, too many people have been traumatized already), SUSHI for dinner, school work to be productive, and of course quality time with blake and mom and daddy!
I'm a lucky, happy, blessed girl!
More posts and deep thoughts to come, for now, the pictures and catch-up time count for all.
:) love, me

5 comments:

Sarah Rose said...

I am totally impressed! ALthough, I have to say... with the set up you have, I'm surprised you didn't blow everyone away and get first place. You are so stinkin creative it makes me sick!

Mrs. Olsen said...

I loved visiting! Too bad it wasn't for longer... I guess that means you'll have to come to CA to visit!!!

jlindsey said...

I feel like I was there when those pictures of Blake & the baby were taken since your Mom told me all about it as it happened while we were talking on the phone.

I truly hope you two will join your 'rents at my Mom's 60th, shhhh, surprise party this coming Friday! We'd love to see you & hang out with the Bianchi's! You know what they say...it's not a party without the Bianchi's!

Michael Thomas said...

Way to go posting those first few pictures correctly!! I could click to see a larger version and everything!

Jessica said...

wow, LOVE the door decorations! very impressive. what else would i expect from the most creative person i know?