...thoughts in the ole brain at the moment. not all of the stuff piled up there is bad, don't get me wrong, it just seems like there is a lot going on at the moment.
Before I get involved with the list...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SA-SA/RHO!!! (love you.)
Allow me to explain:
1. Rachel had her baby! I got to spend part of the day yesterday with Rachel, Walter, and Rebecca...while Rachel was in labor. Rebecca and her "Gigi" got a lot of quality time and I am glad to have been part of the experience. It was also nice to have hang out time with Rach & WO...things were very tranquil and comfortable. I am very proud of my dear friend & her strength/determination/independence. I can't wait to meet little Emma Kaet later today!!! Uncle Baba is equally pumped. We were thrilled to get the text message this morning (3 am) and couldn't wait to catch up...life is wonderful.
2. Jasper has pancreatitis. Let me back up...last night when we got home (we spent the night at mom & daddy's in case they needed a sitter, etc.) Jasper had thrown up on the porch. It wasn't her usual throw up and she didn't eat any of her supper. Plus, it looked like there was a little blood in it. This morning she didn't eat her breakfast. SO I called the vet & they said to bring her in...I had to leave her there to come to work but they have been wonderful about calling to update me along the way. We can pick up her up at 5:30 & have a consultation with the vet. This is our BABY, people! Granted, she is not a human baby & though we look forward to having some of those someday...it does not diminish how much we love her and care about her. I realize I sound like one of those crazy animal lovers & I just don't care. :)
3. Jessica's granddaddy has been diagnosed with cancer and has his first chemo treatment today. Rationally I understand that there is nothing I can do to "help"...however, as a person who loves her friends like family, it is extremely difficult to not "be there" to at least offer. Granted, we talk on the phone at least every other day, it just seems wrong to be 2 hours away. I'm doing the most that I can & keeping them in my prayers.
Okay...this is a clear example of why list-making is such a positive process for me. I have felt a little mentally hectic all day & there are really only 3 things on my list. The first is one of pure JOY & excitement...I just can't wait to visit my friends and the new baby! The second one has been occupying most of my conscious thoughts today...even after I got the "diagnosis"...I just need to see her with my own eyes. After a phone call from Blake I am feeling a little bit more steady. Obviously, I never feel quite as strong or prepared as when Blake (my "lobster") is with me...I realize that's cheesy, but it's also true so deal! The last one is just something that we have to wade through together slowly but surely. At the very least I can make her laugh...
Now that I've finished my self-induced therapy session, I am off to "work" through the last 2 hours and 42 minutes of my day & get ready to see my baby & hubby. THEN it's off to the hospital to visit our newest niece! Like I said...life is wonderful.
-me
No comments:
Post a Comment